SEO: Content Optimization & Textual Elements
- Seek clarity and quality at all times.
- Create content that others will want to share. Sharing is a sign of trust and search engines are sensitive to it.
- Build authority by developing themes.
- Optimize site structure and textual page elements.
Optimizing Textual Page Elements
- URL – must be concise, contain keywords or phrases, and/or usable information. Use hyphens to help search engines process your information.
- Meta Title Tags – these tags appear in search engine results and entice users to click. Make them readable and concise. The Moz Title Tag Preview Tool will let you see how your meta title tags will appear on the SERP.
- Meta Descriptions – these can improve your click-through rate and are often used as text that shows up in a search engine result.
- H1 Header Tags – include keywords, as these function as a headline for your page.
- Body Text – repeat the target phrase 1-3 times. Don’t overdo it: search engines recognize this as “spammy” and may penalize you for it.
- Images – use keywords in image tags and alt text to optimize